Sunday, August 15, 2010

Negative breeds negative, so think positive, positive, positive!

I know better.  I know obsessing over negative thoughts or constantly being distracted by fear are two ways to absulutely end up with exactly what I was trying to avoid in the first place.

Whether or not you beleive in the law of attraction, yin & yang, fate, faith, energy...whatever, the truth is in the experience, and I shouldn't be at all surprised at my experiences this week.

I used to be a worrier--I mean ridiculously so.  I've worked really hard to change gears and I feel confident in saying, "I am no longer a worry wart."  However, if I was to worry about anything, of course it would be my kids.

Both of my boys are in dangerous sports.  They've both begun their new seasons and I have been distracted--downright prepared for-- injuries.  I even blogged about it last week in the Parenting section of the newspaper, "How do parents cope?", What if kids get hurt?", "It's so hot and humid for practice, will they stay hydrated?" and "Will the coach know what he's doing?"

And do you know what happened?  I sent out so many negative "worry" vibes, they multiplied and came right back to me in the form of a chest injury for my gymnast and a concussion for my football player.

Do I believe I am solely to blame for my kids' injuries?  Of course not.  But I guarantee they sensed my unease.  I'm certain, whether they realized it or not, my worry chipped away at their confidence/focus, even if just a little.

It is so important to understand the energy you radiate multiplies around you, unto you, unto others. Stop worrying!  Be confident in your own abilities to handle any situation.

You are strong, smart and capable.  When a positive attitude exudes from you, those around you will feel strong, smart and capable too.

Optimism and a positive outlook are completely contageous!  Don't be afraid to spread them to the masses.

Don't be afraid at all.  Embrace experiences, don't fear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment